Skip to main content

Ranch Testimonials, Fruit Cake, Good Books, etc.

Greetings, readers! This is Your Favorite Blockhead, hoping you and your family have had a very enjoyable and relaxing Christmas holiday.

Just a little disclaimer: there will be several links in this blog for affiliates that I truly believe are appropriate for the new year and for a non-profit organization that is near and dear to my heart. Below is directly from the email I received from the owner of the ranch:

“Because of your support, Runnin Free Ranch has been able to serve 100 clients and has facilitated 290 sessions in 2017. We have more than doubled the numbers as compared to 2016 in which we served 43 clients and served 79 sessions.  ALL FREE OF CHARGE!!!!  We give all glory to God.

Here are some quotes from a few clients Runnin Free Ranch has served this year:

‘As a Navy veteran, I struggled daily with rage, stress, a low self-regard and a lack of empathy before going to the ranch. My interpersonal relationships suffered as well. My relationship with Sevin (one of the Ranch horses) has helped me to let go of control and of the shame of past mistakes that I’ve carried for years. I am forever grateful to Runnin’ Free Ranch for the treatment I have received!’

‘​My child has really matured and gained confidence in himself through working and building a relationship with Zeke (one of the Ranch horses). He even tells people he's going to work with horses when he's grown up as well. It's neat to see how excited he is about the time he spends at Runnin Free Ranch.’

‘Running Free Ranch has given my daughter a safe place to work through some things in her life. She was very apprehensive at first but now she looks forward to going. Not only can I see the changes in her but her teacher and school counselor have noticed as well. I feel like I am slowly getting my happy little girl back.’”

…I could not have said it any better. The gracious sponsorship from the Ennis chapter of Veterans of Foreign Wars has allowed me and other service members to utilize the ranch without sweating the cost of sessions. And, with your help, the Runnin’ Free Ranch can serve so many others in need. Please consider giving to the ranch by following the link below (anything is sincerely appreciated, friends, even if all you can donate is prayer):


OR here is a really fun option! Purchase through Amazon by using this link and 5% of your purchase will be donated back to the ranch:


Blockhead has a few recommendations if you want to use the Amazon link. Two books that you can consider ordering:

Chael Sonnen’s new book: The Four-Pack Revolution: How You Can Aim Lower, Cheat on Your Diet, and Still Lose Weight and Keep it Off

…or the book I am currently reading:

Abigail Adams: A Biography by Janet Whitney

It has been fascinating thus far to read the story of the American Revolution through the eyes of a woman who has been both wife and mother of a President. This book clearly distinguishes for the reader that entering her life “is to see the back of the stage, the personal and intimate side of what from the front was the finished dignity of history.”

One joyous part of the festivities we have celebrated here at the Little residence has been to share many cups of coffee over several slices of the Deluxe World-Famous Fruit Cake we gave my parents this year from Collin Street Bakery. Not to mention, today happens to be National Fruit Cake Day!

Trust me! If you are cringing as you read this, there is a HUGE difference between regular fruit cake and a Deluxe Fruit Cake from the World-Famous Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana, Texas! It’s the perfect balance of Texas pecans, pineapple and papaya from their own farms in COSTA RICA, ripe cherries from Oregon and Washington State, pure clover honey and plump raisins!

…If I still haven’t won you over on the Fruit Cake, then consider their other best-seller: Texas Pecan Pie! Seriously, look through the website through my link and see for yourself what you would like on your dinner table to ring in the New Year:


And lastly, I hope you guys will consider turning those wonderful holiday pictures on your phone or camera (some of us are still old-school) into beautiful canvas prints to hang in your home or at the office by following this link for Easy Canvas Prints:


My family surprised the heck out of me this season! My wife caught priceless pictures of me opening gifts like this one after I had un-earthed Peanuts gems like Charlie Brown, Schroeder, and Lucy that I am holding in this one:





…yep. Could not have timed that belch better! You could almost analyze this picture like my students have analyzed the famous painting, American Progress by John Gast, for years. Notice the radiant light beams that glow from my bald spot, the Thankful pillow, the oblique expression my mouth is generating, and how befitting that it is the crabby Peanuts character Lucy that I chose to pose with…



…Anyways, I am certain that my wife will NOT be turning this one into a canvas print, but those of you that captured those cherished memories this Christmas and are wanting to check out a great website and company that will do all the hard work for you, check out the link above for Easy Canvas Prints! Enjoy your New Year and stay safe, friends!


-         -YFB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blockhead's Library

After visiting Dave Ramsey and Dan Miller's websites for a couple of years: www.daveramsey.com www.48days.com ...if you happen to look in either the Resources or Library section of these two pages, you will see a visual array of books that these men have enjoyed, recommended or even required for their team to read. Since leaving the Navy, I am overwhelmed by how many books I have read, thanks to their influencing me to expand my library. So, for fun, I have finally put together MY personal library for you to browse through. If you wish to do the same on your blog, I will truly enjoy seeing what books you guys recommend, as well. Oh, one more thing. I am challenging you to be COMPLETELY HONEST. Put up books that you have completed, not purchased. Have fun browsing and I look forward to seeing YOUR recommendations, fellow bloggers! Btw, I have broken them down into categories as best I can, and have also included a small list at the bottom that I feel are MUST-reads. Enjoy!

Those Who Can, Become Blockheads

Decided I had better blog about this as soon as possible before someone out there snatches it up! Yeah, I know. It's been awhile since Blockhead wrote a blog. Perhaps, not all of you have left me high and dry. This tired teacher will attempt to write more in the future. This evening, I was having a conversation with a friend I network with on occasion and share topics with back and forth in the podcasting world, and... Well, he inspired me. So here goes nothing... I plan on writing my first book, allowing the reader to draw back the curtain on my personal experiences in teaching and life, simultaneously assisting you and anyone who gets their hands on the book with lessons that can help you avoid the same heartache or possibly polish your own story with. Either way, my hope is that it all can be beneficial to you. I will gladly teach you some essential "in"s and "out"s if you are wanting to do any of the following: join the Navy or any branch of

A Renaissance in Patriotism: A Series of Blogs by Blockhead (1)

As of today, I have decided to start my first ‘series’ of blogs, whereas there is much to be said.  After posting an earlier blog, a good friend and excellent writer reached out to me in the comments section (see previous blog history to see her words verbatim). Allow me to highlight some of her words that stood out to me the most at this time: “Freedom and honor and patriotism stand on the brink of oblivion. Only those with the fortitude to defend it can drag it back…” I appreciate her thanking me for “standing in the gap and keeping the darkness at bay”, but I also appreciate you readers who will join us in this journey. The author of War and Peace Leo Tolstoy’s diary entry December 1900 reads as follows: “To be able to affect others, an artist has to be an explorer, and his work of art has to be a quest. If he has discovered everything, knows everything, and is just preaching or entertaining, he makes no effect. Only if he keeps searching, then the viewer, or listener, o